One word… Hallelujah!!
I have spent the last twenty years as, what felt like, a lone voice banging on about socialism and the unjust, unfair and unequal country we live in all orchestrated by greedy, egotistical politicians and bankers. Well I feel totally vindicated and finally, yes finally I feel we have a labour movement that is rekindling the community spirit that evil Thatcher snatched away. The mood is swinging towards hope, dignity and actually us acting more like decent human beings. I’ve never bought into the ‘I’m alright Jack’ attitude and I don’t want anything for nothing. I’M NOT ALONE! I’m not a political analyst. I am a hardworking Mum that just wants hope for the future of her children! And I care.
- Selling off of all the countries’ assets to all her allies glossed over with the promise of lower prices and better infrastructure. Instead we have higher prices, threats of power cuts and infrastructure that is paid for by US!! Think of what those profits could have provided to the NHS if we had still owned the utilities. What do we have to lose if we look at changing a system that is not working for the majority of us?
- A closure of pits purely for self-indulgent, egotistical gratification that SHE beat the miners not for economic reasons. Thatcher used the police force against her own people. Isn’t that what we condemn in other countries?
- The injustices of Orgreave and many people who went to prison for their democratic right. People have criminal records for defending their right to work. Let’s not forget that.
- Hillsborough – I can’t say much due to the inquests but suffice to say we know the truth is coming just 26 years too late, far too late.
- Then the worst, most vile cover ups of all – Savile and god knows how many more involved in the sex abuse cases. Thatcher fought for Savile’s knighthood!!
- SHE de-regulated the banks – SHE wanted free enterprise!! Funny how people forget that when it comes to discussing the financial crisis.
Synopsis & Treatments
Beyond the Past
Have you had the chance to read it yet? Would you like to review it for me?
Read the first three chapters FREE on my website
Or you can order from your local bookshop. The ISBN number is : 978-1-84386-789-0
I know some people will not be happy with me for writing this post but do you know what? I will always stay true to who I am and what I believe in. No amount of money in the world gives anyone the right to mistreat another human being or sit in judgement. I am who I am and actually I quite like me.