Friday 7 March 2014

Who said, "Size doesn't matter!!"




I was disappointed to learn my book couldn't be judged in the Theakston's Old Peculiar Crime Novel of the Year awards because of it's size. Yes, whoever said size doesn't matter was wrong, clearly it does.



In truth, the disappointment only lasted a couple of minutes. Come on, I was absolutely flattered and honoured to have even been nominated for such a prestigious award for my DEBUT novel. The thought that professionals in the literary world considered my work worthy of a nomination fills me with overwhelming pride and gives me goose bumps every time I think of it.

The Theakston's Old Peculiar Crime Festival is being held at the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate and features incredible writers such as Ann Cleeves, Robert Galbraith aka J K Rowling, Lynda LaPlante, John Harvey and Val McDermid to name but a few. It is a formidable line up. For full details of the festival follow this link http://harrogateinternationalfestivals.com/crime/

How could I be upset at having my name thrown into the hat in my very first year as a published author? So, this year I will be attending the festival as a fan and to get a few tips from the masters of the craft. BUT watch out next year!! The sequel is half written and will very much be in the right format.

Thank you Wetherby News


An article was published this week in the Wetherby News.


In addition, Tempo FM have invited me on as a guest in Women's Hour. I will post the time and date shortly but I am really pleased to be asked and very much looking forward to it.















I do keep having to remind myself that only 2 months ago I was an unpublished writer. I hope that I can inspire other people to follow their dreams.  Have a great weekend and remember its International Women's Day tomorrow, so celebrate all the lovely women in your lives - they SO deserve it xx



2 comments:

  1. I hi Pam I too wrote my first novel and have a published ebook with 4 stars on Amazon. From one gal to another "you go girl"
    Http://tinyurl.com/thebastardchild

    ReplyDelete