Thursday 13 March 2014

BE BOLD, BE STRONG…BE BEAUTIFUL




You may recall in my blog March…ing on Together I mentioned I was having trouble understanding why people used aliases to throw abuse at people online and then pretend to be a good, honest member of society in real life.  It again comes back to what is important in life and I really don’t want someone purporting to help women with their self-confidence denting mine after all the hard work I have put in to build myself back up since being diagnosed with Menieres Syndrome.

I have learnt so much about myself this week. Even in my forties I keep discovering new things and that is what is so exciting about life. Since being published, my inner strength and resolve has re-surfaced. I knew it was in there, it just needed to come back out.

This week I have been contacting local libraries and bookshops to organise some public events. I am nervous about doing them but you shine best when you are outside your comfort zone. Be bold and be strong is always at the back of my mind these days. And that is exactly what I am going to do. I am defining my life. I am more focused than ever. Beyond the Past is out there and doing well, receiving 5* reviews. 

I am being badgered, in a good way, to finish the sequel Beyond the Lies. I have five draft outlines for future novels now and one thing I am grateful for is having a small working group of helpers. These are volunteer readers who read my work, my short stories and my ideas. They then give me constructive feedback to decide which will make good novels. It works for me and I love being able to involve other people in my work. The group is diverse and I am always looking for new members to add to it. 

I spend a lot of time reading about other authors, standard market practice and what other authors do and do not do. In the end I made a decision when I started on this new journey to seek and take professional advice but also to follow my own intuition and forge my own way.  There is nothing wrong with trying out your own ideas, that’s how best practices come about as long as you are not arrogant to believe that your way is best and the industry has been wrong for all these years! That won’t get you very far. I welcome constructive advice from anyone and FREE advice works for me!

I am currently mulling over ideas of local reading groups and some voluntary work to get more people involved with books…watch this space. 

I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend. 






You can read the first three chapters of Beyond the Past FREE www.pamcharles.com
Beyond the Past is available from major bookstores or online at:








No comments:

Post a Comment