Saturday 1 March 2014

March...ing on Together...




You may have gathered by now that I am a Yorkshire lass with some traditional values. What you see is what you get. I try not to judge people or make assumptions on anyone’s lives and quite frankly it has nowt to do wi’ me (said with a Yorkshire accent!).

Unfortunately I’ve learnt not everyone lives a simple life as I do. I am amazed how many people create online aliases which somehow makes them believe they can say whatever they like to and about anyone and then pretend in ‘real life’ they have integrity, honesty and morals. This is completely alien to me and I really can't get my head around it. I'm not perfect, far from it but I know the difference between right and wrong. At the end of the day, if people are talking about you, positively or negatively, it means you are doing something right. Just remember, 'don't worry about anything you can't influence' and 'there's nowt as queer as folk' (Yorkshire accent again!).

I have learnt too many people are full of their own importance and have opinions on things they know little or nothing about. So ignore them, follow your instincts and don’t look back.

I write this for all of those other people that have faced adversity. YOU CAN overcome it and be successful in whichever field you choose.  I have a saying that I have used for both my boys, “never underestimate the power of ‘me’.” ‘ME’ is anyone of us who want to try and make a difference, however big or small. JUST TRY!!
 
Make March your time to shine. The daffodils are out, the sun is out (sometimes!) and the birds are singing. What more motivation do you need to have a go…..





p.s.Thank you to all the lovely people who have supported me in my change in career. I love you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment