Saturday 1 October 2016

Comfort zone...what's that


It’s been a manic week. Honestly, I had a total wobble on Thursday. I was exhausted, the Meniere’s was a real pain and I was in University all day, looking at new subjects I have not done before. Fair to say, I wanted to run away, hide and lock myself in the house. Understated, I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of reading and work I have to do for the Master’s degree, I know… I did expect it but it’s a bit of a brain overload. Needless to say, I will rise to the challenge. For the first time in my entire life, I know exactly what I want to do and where I want to be. That’s very exciting. I am totally out of my comfort zone but with like minded people.

Learning and motivation to learn is infectious and one of the reasons I write this blog. Lucas has taken his reading book to bed with him every night this week, without debate or discussion. I’m so proud of his attitude and that he sees us studying and wants to do it himself.

Wes has been on a week’s residential to the Lake District with his Uni course. We missed him but no one more than Lucas. By the end of the week he was really down and asking how many hours before he returned. That’s what I only ever wanted – a sibling bond between them that is unbreakable. They are truly superstars.

In the last six months our lives have changed by epic proportions but one thing remains – our family unit remains tighter than ever.

Master’s Degree


I am going green. My Master’s is in Information and Technology and I have chosen ICT and
the Environment, Managing Information in the Digital and Global Environment and Project Management. I want to do something to change how IT is taught in High Schools and you know me… when I start with a bee in my bonnet – it buzzes until its free and done!




Writing



Beyond the Past




Have you had the chance to read it yet? Would you like to review it for me?

Read the first three chapters FREE on my website
Available from:

Or you can order from your local bookshop. The ISBN number is : 978-1-84386-789-


I have almost finished the ending of Beyond the Lies – well, the new ending that is. I apologise for the delay in publishing this but I’m not rushing it. I promise you it will be worth it…I think.

I am still waiting ever so patiently for anyone to take Streetwise. I won’t give up and really believe my time will come.
The Nanny is coming along…
I can’t put into words how happy I am at the moment. Long may it continue and I suspect it will as long as I do what is best for me and my imperfectly perfect family. Please follow your dreams and don’t give up. For me, the UK Government has announced PhD loans from 2018. Ideally I would like an arts council scholarship but at least now I have a plan b and you know how much us Mums love a plan b and c, d, e, f, g, h, I, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z… then we wing it!

Have a fabulous week and just GO FOR IT. I love autumn. It's my favourite time of year.

Much love…




No comments:

Post a Comment