Tuesday 22 April 2014

Is Easter really over...already...



First of all I want to thank all the people who have been really supportive over the last few weeks. Twitter has its pitfalls but it is also a place I have met some wonderful people that I probably wouldn’t have come across in the ‘real’ world. Thank you.

Today is the first day back at school for the boys and if I’m honest it’s a bit of a miserable day for all of us. It’s such a huge compliment when the boys would rather be at home than anywhere else. I must be doing something right.

Paul has a new blog if you want to continue to follow his progress. http://givingplentytotwenty.blogspot.co.uk




Even the smallest amount can make a difference.



After a week of the memorial and celebrations for the 96 of Hillsborough it is very much back to reality for everyone with the inquests resuming in Warrington. I only want to say thank you for making us so welcome in Liverpool and we are standing shoulder to shoulder for justice. 

Yesterday I took the boys to Anfield to the Celebration of the 96 charity football match. It was a tremendous day, demonstrating the true dignity, sincerity and generosity of everyone associated with Liverpool Football Club. It was great to see the first team players on the pitch encouraging the young foundation players and Stevie G looked right at home with his Manager’s stance on the touchline – thankfully he is not hanging his boots up just yet although I hear there’s a job vacancy at Old Trafford!

Also, OBJECTIVE ACHIEVED – Champions League here we come. 3 games to go… can it really happen…this year of all years??

I took a week out of writing last week but now I am itching to get back to it. This week I will be researching the IPCC procedures and the internal police procedures – gives a clue as to the plot of Beyond the Lies, the sequel to Beyond the Past.

It is always interesting to get constructive feedback from my debut novel. Over the last week a couple of new readers have contacted me to let me know how much they have enjoyed the book and that they can’t wait for the sequel to be released. I got the opportunity to ask them who their favourite characters were. As a writer, you try to create memorable, interesting and believable characters. Writing Beyond the Past, I believed readers would fall in love with Mark Smith, the main character. So far, the character the readers are more taken to is DCI Harry Fisher. Apparently in their words, ‘I wouldn’t mind having a policeman like him!’ There you go, that is the power of a book.

Thrilled to receive another 5* review on Amazon 

If you haven't read it yet, you can read the 1st three chapters of Beyond the Past FREE (Really hard to say for a Yorkshire Lass!) at www.pamcharles.com. There is also a list of characters and news of what I have been up to.  

This week Sky F1 are looking at the life of a genius and my ultimate sporting hero Ayrton Senna. Looking forward to catching some of it. 


Well I am off to write now. Have a wonderful week everyone. If you would like to get in touch, comment here or through:






 



No comments:

Post a Comment