Sunday 14 September 2014

Don't look back in anger... fresh starts are the most satisfying






My past is laid to rest and from now on MY LIFE, MY FAMILY, MY RULES – I am the master of my fate!



 

Book Launch


TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 7PM – 9PM

YOU ARE ALL INVITED! Regular readers will know, I rave about my little piece of Italy in Wetherby, Sant Angelos. The restaurant features in my sequel Beyond the Lies and is the perfect location for my first EVER book signing. If you can make it, we would love to see you.



Book Marketing


You know I told you the easiest part of a book is the writing and the hardest is getting it published. I was wrong. The hardest part is the MARKETING. It’s a time consuming minefield and for novice writers it can make or break your book. At times over the last few months, I have been close to throwing in the towel just out of sheer frustration. I find cleaning a great reliever of frustration, or swimming.

After reading hours of literature and surfing the net, I find myself going round in circles reading contradiction after contradiction. My advice: MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN. Your greatest asset is YOU and people don’t know of YOU unless you tell them about YOU. It’s not bragging!!! YOU! YOU! YOU! Raise your profile. No one will do it for you. So no matter how hard it is to put on a smile, you need to do it for YOU. And do you know what?  YOU CAN DO IT!

Whatever your background, wherever you have been – dust yourself down, pick yourself up and GO FOR IT!


This week is usual madness – two trips to Sheffield, active marketing for Beyond the Past (could be renamed making a nuisance of myself), writing the sequel, Mummy duties and all the other mundane yet wonderful things that are thrown my way. Persistence and hard work are everything.

Goodreads Giveaway

 

Don’t forget my book giveaway on Goodreads – its open until the 2nd October. Two signed copies just waiting here for lovely new homes.

Have an amazing week everyone. MAKE IT COUNT

You can purchase my debut novel, Beyond the Past from 
Pegasus Publishers  
Amazon UK  
Amazon US
Kindle

OR ORDER FROM YOUR LOCAL BOOKSHOP.


 




Twitter
Facebook
www.pamcharles.com
LinkedIn







 

No comments:

Post a Comment