Monday 6 February 2017

It IS YOUR journey...


The older I get, the more I realise people’s spiteful criticisms and behaviour are not down to you but very much a flaw in their personality and in many ways, due to lack of empathy, knowledge and education in the very thing they are criticising. I have also learned not everyone who takes an interest in what you do, does so out of genuine interest – more out of finding something to criticise you over. That is okay because… guess what? It is not up to you to fill their knowledge gap or take responsibility for their education.

People don’t have to understand YOUR journey. Quite frankly, it is none of their business. If they choose to spend their time looking for flaws, let them. It is their time they are wasting, not yours. We are not on this earth long enough to waste our time. I learned that the hard way when I was struck by Meniere’s. I wasted too much of my life trying to make other people happy, worrying about what they thought and generally putting emphasis on other peoples’ lives instead of my own. Boy I have made mistakes but they were my mistakes! I own them, hate them but have learned from them!

I have a greater peace of mind now than I have ever had. This is my own journey and I know where I want to go and what I want to be. This is MY journey…  if I succeed, it is my boys and my success and if I fail, it is my failure. It still astounds me to hear people willing others to fail. Such a negative approach to life will never lead to success… only more misery.

January 2017, putting aside the crazy world events, has been the best start to the year for us, probably for a decade! We don’t have all the answers but we have our lives, here and now, sussed. We have learned to make the most of what we have NOW. Yes, it is not perfect, yes, I worry about money BUT my children are happy with their lives and I am too. I wake up with purpose and levels of energy, I have not had before.

I can’t do any more than I am doing right now – writing, Master’s study, bringing the boys up, handling Meniere’s and coping with day to day living. I can hold my head up high and say I am doing my best and there is light…finally. Question is… can you? If you can’t – you are the only one who can change that. GO FOR IT.

Streetwise

After feedback from a film production company who advised me this was more for television, I submitted the script to the BBC through their drama room. For those who don’t know it, the BBC has several submission windows throughout the year to help new writers. They are only open for one month. They received nearly 4,000 entrants this year and whilst I know it is a shot in the dark, the answer would have been a absolute "NO" if I had not taken myself out of my comfort zone and submitted it.

My advice to anyone – give it a go. I will let you know the feedback I get which is probably around May time. Thankfully I have lots of Masters work to do to pass the time!

The Nanny

I know I’ve mentioned this for a long time but I am still working on this. It is a big project for me and I want to get it right. The film production company liked my style and would like to see further work so this would be perfect. Lots of action and suspense!

I have several other projects that are in the very early stages and will let you into them when I’ve worked them out fully.

Right, I’m off to research Green Information Technology… riveting. Don’t wait for approval to change your own life – enjoy what you have and strive for what is right for you.

Have a safe and fabulous week.



Much love



No comments:

Post a Comment