- Parents assaulting players when the players are children
- Verbal abuse of referees by parents
- A coach being called a paedophile by an opposition player
- Two coaches physically fighting on the pitch.
- Mass brawl including players and parents
- A coach telling under 8s they were a disgrace and he was ashamed of them just because they didn’t win a game.
- Parent threatening to kick an opposition players (a child) head in because he tackled their son
- Coaches teaching under 10s to sledge the opposition.
- Players biting other players
- Police called following a parent attacking a child
- The amount of parents that complain that they are having to suffer standing on the touchlines when they could be doing other things!! Really?? There’s nothing I love more than watching my boys having fun.
I'll put the soap box away now
It’s tough being a single parent especially when it was not by choice. You constantly question whether you are doing the right thing. Speaking to this person and sitting in the Academy meeting on Friday, gave me such reassurance that I am absolutely doing the right thing. Then, yesterday came the ultimate affirmation. Lucas gave me a cuddle and said thank you. I asked him what the thank you was for and he said it was for being a great Mum, a best friend and someone that listens to him and stands up for him. He said, "you lifted the weight off my shoulders." He always knows how to reduce me to a quivering wreck. He also made me a video clip of his favourite moments together. Truly inspiring. NO MORE DOUBTS.
Beyond the Past is selling well. You can read the 1st three chapters FREE here. Links to buy the book are:
Or you can order from your local bookshop. The ISBN number is : 978-1-84386-789-0