- Listening to the negativity of other people
- Being afraid to make mistakes
- Everyone can and will have an opinion – everyone doesn’t have a moral motive.
- Everyone’s opinion really does NOT count.
- Opinions are not always based on knowing all the facts but usually on bias fuelled by envy, jealousy and just pure evil.
- HUMANS make mistakes – it is a fact!
- Mistakes are ACCEPTABLE. They are NOT important. What IS important is how you react to those mistakes.
- The boys have been taught to hold their hands up and admit to their mistakes – I admit this is challenging with the youngest one but we all have to start somewhere. Once they admit their mistake, they will apologise if necessary, learn from it and most of all FORGET it. Don’t let it eat away at you – worry is the most unproductive human trait – it just makes you grow old quicker – I should know!!
An exercise for you
Do it, sit and observe people while you are out. Just see how many people display the attitude of ‘I am the centre of the universe; I am the MOST important person in the world.’ Do it and let me know your thoughts. It is very entertaining yet infuriating. Still it’s a very good lesson for the boys.